- Given that a normal heart rate for a foetus is between 120 and 160 pulsations per minute;
- Given that we, in British Columbia, are 8 hours behind he Greenwich Meridian Time;
- Given that a ship sails the ocean; that it left Boston with a cargo of wool; it grosses 200 tons; it is bound for Le Havre; the mainmast is broken, the cabin boy is on deck, there are 12 passengers aboard, the wind is blowing East-North-East, the clock points to a quarter past three in the afternoon;
- Given that the birth is schedule for mid-september;
- and that the heart rate recorded at week 12 is 160;
Given all that, how old is the captain? :-)
Sorry, the question is: what sex do you think our baby will be?